What information do we collect and why?
Once you as our client have paid monies to Oracle Building Corporation you are allocated a job number. Our computerised database will keep track of all details relevant to the proposed construction of your home to transact business with you as our client.
The information is used for business purposes only. We will use your personal details to contact you.
With whom do we share information?
- Our computerised database information is available to all staff and sales consultants.
- Whoever is named in the contractual documentation between the client and Oracle is whom we will liaise with. Should you wish a third party i.e. mother, brother etc. to act on your behalf or discuss your job with us you must put your consent in writing to us clearly setting out the name of the third party/s, to what extent you wish them to act for you and their consenting signature to act as such for you. Should we receive contact from a third party without your consent we will be unable to discuss your file with them.
- We will liaise with your bank/lending institute or any other party as directed by you for the purposes of our building contract.
- We will provide your name, site details, telephone number and any other appropriate information to our subcontractors, suppliers, private certifiers and other statutory bodies for the purpose of constructing your home.
- We will provide your name, address and telephone number to our preferred suppliers of carpet, tiles, plumbing accessories etc to allow them to contact you regarding their range of products, unless you direct us not to.
- We will provide your name, address and telephone number to a mortgage lending agent to allow the agent to contact you regarding a free mortgage lending service unless you direct us not to.
- We will provide your name, site details, mortgagee, and contract price to insurance companies for both building works and structural warranty for your home.
Forwarding of future Oracle information
In the future, we may forward to you general information relating to your home or future products unless you direct us not to.
Certain legal disclosures
We may need to disclose your information in certain exceptional circumstances. This may be needed to protect against illegal hackers, to protect our legal rights or to address actual or threatened illegal or harmful conduct. Disclosure may also be required by legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order.
What data security is used?
We may use administrative, physical and technical precautions to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information stored on our system. Whilst no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
How long do we retain user data?
For active clients, we plan to retain user data while an account is active and for at least 7 years afterward. We may alter this practice according to legal and business requirements. For example, we may lengthen the retention period for some data if needed to comply with law or voluntary codes of conduct. Unless otherwise prohibited, we may shorten the retention period for some types of data if needed to free up storage space.
If you have a question
If you have a question, please bring it to our attention or write to Oracle Building Corporation, PO Box 1152, Springwood Qld 4127. Telephone (07) 3423 6300. Fax: (07) 3112 4374
If you do not consent
If you do not consent to anything set out in this statement you must complete the following form stating clearly what points you do not consent to.